星期日, 一月 29, 2006

感言点滴

In the twinkling of an eye and it's Lunar New Year once again. Starting to miss my childhood days, those carefree and happy moments. Gone with the wind, leaving behind fragments of memories, which are slipping away from me bit by bit. Guess I'm really getting old.
Went to visit some not-so-close relatives just now, people whom I only see about twice a year. Those kids have changed so much, now that they have all grown up. As for their parents, they asked the same questions as last year -- So what are you working as now? Oh, which school? Which subject do you teach? I remember repeating my answers every time we meet. Ya, one of them commented, "哦你教华文啊?可是你从来没有读过华校对吗?" Yes, English has always been my first language, but I've always liked the Chinese Language and culture. Maybe I'm just over-sensitive, but I somehow felt a tinge of disdain in his tone. Afterall, they are all 华校生.
Well, this Chinese New Year is going to be different. It's not going to be a holiday. I'll have to use this long break to mark their essays and assignments. Hope to do more for them, whilst I have the energy and drive. 可是我不知道自己还能支撑多久。Most of them don't seem to have any interest in Chinese at all. Guess it's time to reflect on my teaching style and techniques again. Oh yes, they seem to be appearing in my dreams more often now, wonder what that means. Hmm....
好吧,恭祝大家幸福安康,如意吉祥!

2 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

LOL. yeah lor cher. every time listen to the same words de. "OMG! You look so much like you mother!" "OH! You have grown so tall!" If there isnt any ang bao to take, i would rather rot at home...

9:27 下午  
Blogger Lionel Tan said...

老师,恭喜发财,身体健康,万事如意,心想事成,年年有余。恭喜恭喜

10:15 下午  

发表评论

<< Home