星期日, 八月 28, 2005

Wisdom No More - Aftermath

"Yes, it's definitely a wisdom tooth." He said it as a matter-of-factly. How calm his tone, a stark contrast to my then trembling state. I can't believe it, my worst nightmare has once again decided to pay me a visit, just when I thought it had left me for good six years ago.
Before the surgery, Mr Dentist explained to me briefly the entire process and the after effects of the op. (which is pain of course! plus some abrasion on the lips, etc) Actually, I thought he would only jab me once, but he gave me THREE injections into my gums!
Gosh, that's just the prelude.
Thankfully, they blindfolded me throughout the one-hour ordeal. How I wished they sealed my ears too. Finally, after what seemed like a tug-of-war (Mr Dentist vs Tooth), my wisdom tooth was extracted, in symmetrical halves. Too big, he said.
Tried to sleep after I got home, tossed and turned in pain for several hours before 周公 agreed to meet me. Next morning, most of the pain was gone, but my chin still felt numb. Unfortunately, Mr Dentist said that this was a sign of nerve inflammation, which would take a few weeks to recover.
Till now, it's still porridge meal after meal. A good detox programme, or maybe my second childhood - some friends say.

2 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

http://gerilogy.blogspot.com [Gerlyn.2E4]

9:44 上午  
Blogger -=yinyuan=- said...

http://yinyuan-200489.blogspot.com/

1:21 下午  

发表评论

<< Home